Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh, December...

December is the craziest month of the year for us, BY FAR!

I have a seasonal job at Things Remembered.  This is my second year working for them around the holidays & I honestly love it!  Mostly I enjoy interacting with complete strangers.  Its always interesting to listen to the stories people tell you.  TR is an engraving store.  We sell things ranging from jewelry, snow globes, ornaments, fine crystal, frames, watches, keychains, wallets, card holders, jewelry & music boxes, blankets, etc.  We customize everything by engraving it.  You'd really be amazed by the memories and reasons people share with me about what they're buying.

Today I met a sweet lady with a charming accent from South Africa.  She was buying an engagement gift for her daughter & new fiance.  She told me all about how she was on her 4th marriage and believed that happiness and love are what define your life and you should stop at nothing to find that.

I met a woman who was buying a memory box to give to her mother, who had just lost her husband.  She was going to fill it with momentos and the love notes he had written his wife over the years.  How sweet!

I met a lady celebrating her one year anniversary.

I met a man who talked about his daughter's 2 dogs like they were his prized grandchildren (only he called them his *granddogs*).

Long story short, its just an incredibly fulfilling job at times.  However, it also keeps me really busy!

Gavin's birthday is coming up next weekend.  I have to get a party at the park pulled together STAT! =)
I'm going to be doing Eight Acts of Kindness for his 8th birthday where we go leave quarters at the rides in the mall, fill up gumball machines, leave a dollar at the soda  machine, make a donation, etc.  I'm really excited to come up with some cool ideas!

But alas, its the weekend and I am relaxing for a brief moment before being whisked away again into the ever exciting life of a housewife. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment