Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hello, darlings!

How has everyone been!?  I know, I know...I've been completely MIA lately.
We've had ALOT going on around here.  We're currently in the process of moving to a new city.  My husband is actually spending half of each week at the new house getting things ready for move in and my son and I are living full time at the old house until he's done with his 2nd grade year in June.  Then we'll all be reunited officially!
In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of weekend trips to the new house bringing things up little by little to make it more cozy for my hubby dearest and during the week I'm just completely consumed with my normal chores and housework, getting Gav to & from school, school projects and homework.

I've barely been sewing until recently when I got a big order in for several of my adorable little boxy pouches!
Right before that I was plugging away at a very special secret project.  I still don't want to spill the beans on it here, because the recipient isn't going to receive it for another couple weeks.  Better safe than sorry, I don't want to spoil the surprise!
It was such a fun project and a huge learning experience for me!!  I can't wait to share photos!!

I've had a little interest lately in seeing more on my Etsy page.  Several people have been requesting aprons!  I'm excited to try a couple new patterns.  I've already made a couple children's aprons for my son and my niece, but making a cute frilly adult apron will be a bigger challenge!

I apologize for my absence and silence!  I assure you things will pick up again when we get settled into the new house (and my new sewing nook has spotlights)!  I hate being away from my sewing machine for so long because its definitely my way to unwind and relax (as crazy as that might sound).
I recently went through and organized a lot of my fabrics so I know what I'm working with now.  I have more [and less] than I thought!  I have some amazing prints that I'm saving to use on new Etsy listings.  I tend to make a lot of things for friends and family (willingly, lol) so I want to save it for things I can sell to make strangers happy! ;) I've acquired quite a fabric stash and I'm not even done yet, haha!!

Anyway, I promise to be better at blogging...it was one of my New Years resolutions!
Just know that I haven't disappeared and can't wait to get back into my groove with everything!

\\xoxo//

No comments:

Post a Comment