Monday, May 13, 2013

The Surprise Quilt!!

Most of my close friends and family know all about this, but I wanted to make a blog entry to share the story!! Back when I first got my sewing machine I decided to make a quilt and it has taken me a LONG time to complete one. I always knew I wanted to give my first quilt to my Grandma! This particular quilt happened in stages and honestly, even by accident. I made some original quilt squares with odd sized scraps and called them "wonky" but just couldn't fall in love with them! I tried to help a friend, Charlene with a quilt and wanted to share my scraps with her. I cut them all to size for her before realizing I had measured wrong and cut all of them too short! Inspired by her quilt though, I used my scraps as practice and just loved the result!! From there, my first ever quilt was born! Its taken me about 6 months from concept to finish. I wasn't always plugging away at it. I gave the quilt to my amazing Grandma Prewitt for Mother's Day and she was just so thrilled! I was fortunate enough to have my family there to tape and capture her reaction!! Enjoy the pics!!

You can read more about my amazing Grandma by  CLICKING HERE!




           

   





No comments:

Post a Comment