Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lions & Tigers and...DRAGONS, oh my!

Yesterday Gavin and I were bored at home and I realized that out of all this sewing I've been doing...I haven't done anything for him other than a quick handkerchief apron!  Throughout my many searches for patterns online I've bookmarked several sites for things I want to try eventually and I decided yesterday was the perfect day to make Gavin a dragon tail!

You can find the original brilliant Mom who designed it here: Tatertots & Jello

 Helping me add a little stuffing to the spikes because the orange fabric was an old sheet and very thin.  He even pinned after stuffing!!
 He loves it, acting silly as usual!
We used green flannel and an old orange sheet for the spikes.
RAWR!!!

The only thing I'd do differently next time (because you know he wants them in all different colors now, haha)...is make my strips for the straps a little longer.  Gavin is 7 and its really tight around his waist.  I might have to add extenders to the straps down the road.  Oh well, he loves it & that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment