Saturday, October 13, 2012

This Week's Goals, Tasks & Projects

Oi vey, I have been BUSY!  I say that all the time, I know...but life can be exhausting when you're nearing 30!

My projects this week include the following:
1) Work on a quilt I've started.  I can't post many details here because its a surprise for someone special, but its a scrap quilt.  That's not entirely true though because my OCD plus my lack of a substantial scrap base to work with means that I've bought a few fat quarters to add to it as well as lots of thrift store/clearance fabrics (more on that in a minute).  So when I say *scrap quilt* I really mean that I'm not stressing about the small stuff.  Its my first quilt EVER and I learn something with every square I make.  I'm not following a pattern, just using random sizes pieced together...well, randomly.   I'm going to be making this quilt with 8" squares and it will be 76" x 60" when its done (give or take).  I am giving you a sneak peek here, but other than this post...info will be minimal.  I will just say that I'm hoping to finish it this month.  I'm 1/3 of the way done with my squares...hoping it gets easier and quicker from there!

My first 18 squares (that's 3 of 8 rows done)!  These were quickly arranged for the photos sake, but will be completely organized when I put it all together.  This was from scraps I had around the house already.  I am already sick of trying to find ways to pair up some of the colors/designs so I've been avidly searching for teals, blues, browns, greens and oranges to toss in.  I have 30 more squares to make...plenty of time to add in some extras!

2)  I'd like to finish this Strawberry Shortcake baby blanket I started.  Originally I was going to sell it on Etsy but I accidentally selected the wrong stitch on my machine and didn't realize it until halfway through and after wasting that much thread I didn't feel like seam ripping to repair it.  I will send it to my niece, Emerson for one of her dolls, because the stitching is sloppy and I really couldn't even give it away to someone without feeling like I was shafting them...but I know my beautiful niece won't mind the bad stitching. ;)  Not a complete waste!

3) Take better photos of my "products" to use on Etsy and then update the listings, as well as post a couple more.  I still haven't had any success making a sale, but I guess that will come with time.  I think mostly I'm just feeling the pressure of almost *needing* to sell something to a) make all the money I've spent on sewing things worth it and b) provide some kind of income to my family.  Things are a little tight right now with my husband starting a new job and I'd love to provide some kind of support/cushion!

4) Fall cleaning around the house!







No comments:

Post a Comment