Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quilt Progress

Today I had the chance to bust out a ton of quilt work.
I spent awhile cutting my scraps to size, then sewed them once (I'm working on my own version of a postage stamp quilt).  Press, then sew those sets together.  Press.
I stopped here, because I wanted to see what it would look like using the postage stamp squares and pieces as a border for the 8" scrap squares I'd made awhile back but fallen out of love with.
So I'm using the little squares to throw off the big squares.
Anyway, I'll start putting them all together for real when I get it to cover my bed top at least.
I'm wanting it to be throw sized, mainly because its easier and I want to get it finished quickly in case I decide to give it as a gift.
Here of some photos of me working on the rough draft layout.
I'll have some sizing issues to work out but that will be down the road!
I'm farther along than I thought I was, so I just need to stay motivated to keep busting these pieces out!

Enjoy!
xo





1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to see the finished product of this quilt! You're really pumping your heart into this one, and so excited!

    ReplyDelete