Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New day, new blog post!

I made my first baby blanket yesterday.  How exciting!  I had bought 2 yds. of cute flannel fabric from a clearance bin somewhere along the way and had been itching to use it up!

I stuck with a really basic tutorial since I don't have a bias tape maker and was too lazy to make my own.  I also wanted to knock it out quickly because I had tons of house work to catch up on! ;)

Here is the finished product!  I'm SO pleased with it.  I absolutely love it.  I'm thinking about selling things on Ebay down the road, and I think I'll list this blanket as my first item.  No pressure...hoping it sells though because that would totally make my day!!  That's how all good things start I guess.  Ricky is letting me pocket any profit to put towards more fabric to keep going.  Getting a good feel for things!







Adorable, right?

Today my friend Charlene came over and helped me rearrange our office/guest room to turn part of it into a sewing room/area for me.  I'm excited about it!  My own little corner of the world.  It will help me stay organized & not clutter up the rest of the house moving my sewing machine around.  I'll eventually have to get a sewing desk but for now, my son & I share the desk...he plays on the computer & I sew there.  But regardless, I love how it turned out so far!


That's about it for today...it was a busy day here and I didn't do any sewing (yet).  Gavin had a playdate after school and I am worn out!  It was a fun day.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment