Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Welcome!

I probably have at least 7 different blogs floating around the Blogosphere.  I'm trying to consolidate by combining them all here. =)
My name is Beth.  I'm a housewife and stay at home mommy living in Central Florida.
I dabble in a little photography (the post editing is my favorite part) & love crafting, sewing & design.
This is a place for all my big (& little) ideas, stories about life, adventures, ups and downs and everything in between. =)

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO MOST RECENTLY:

Sewing!!  My husband let me buy a new sewing machine.  Its nothing terribly fancy but I'm excited to have it!  I've been wanting to elevate my crafting to another level and sewing has always appealed to me.  Growing up, I'd watch my Granny & Grandma sew quilts.  My mom sewed me little Barbie outfits one year for a school project.  I've been around it my whole life so I had the basic knowledge.



My first project was a cute little business card case that I found a free template for online (but can't for the life of me find again so if this looks familiar please let me know so I can credit back)!  I wasn't very careful with my stitching, because I was just excited to be making something on my new machine!

Here's the finished product:



I attempted to make another one from memory of the tutorial I saw online...but I made it too small and had to leave one side of the pocket open.  Oh well.


Then I moved onto something more challenging.  A bag/purse!!  I found this AMAZING blog online: Made by Rae with all kinds of patterns that I'm eventually going to buy but I started with one of her free sewing patterns for this Buttercup Bag.  She explains things so well and I had fun trying out new techniques I hadn't really tried yet.  I got a little sloppy at the end because I was anxious to get it done, but all in all, I'm super excited about the results!




So much so, I made another this morning out of more clearance/scrap/practice fabrics!
I'm going to try to make a flannel baby blanket next. Just because.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment